Monday, May 16, 2016

Platoon

                I think this quote has a lot of meaning to it in many ways. What do I mean by this you may ask? Well what I mean is that the war took a toll in him mentally and physically it is something that he will never forget, an event that changed his life forever as you would say. This is what I think he met whenever he said this war is over for me now, but it will always be there, the rest of my days. Another thing I think he met by when he said “As I’m sure Elias will be, fighting with Barnes for what Rhah called “possession of my soul.” Is that when he said this he met that Elias and Barnes where fighting over which way he could oversee the war. In Elias’s way of seeing the war is that he could fight to survive yet still be a caring individual that is just doing his duty but at the end of the day you can just relax and wake up that morning and do it all over again. Or you could see the war in a way that Barnes did do whatever it takes to survive rules do not apply in the act of war we will all die but it is the week that will fall in war. If there is a problem of anybody getting in the way of doing your job take the problem out and live on, because this is war not a tea party. This is what I personally think Elias and Barnes where fighting for.
                There are times since; I’ve felt like a child, born of those two fathers. What did Chris mean by this you may ask? Well I think he met as in both of these men where like fathers to him, fathers of war as you could say. These men both taught him the acts of war the acts of war that are need to survive and not to die. As bad as it may say is that they both rubbed off on him in a positive way. They both taught him how to fight with bravery and what kind of attitudes will survive in the jungle. They both taught him that the weak will not make it in a living hell whole but the strong will, if you know what you are fighting for you will have a better chance of living and making it through till you time is up and you can go home. This is what I think he met by this quote, all in all they both rubbed off on him like a father of war. This is what I think this quote met by Chris in the end of the movie platoon when he is flying away in a helicopter that is about to take him home and away from the battle that twisted his head and taught him how to become the great man that he was in Vietnam.


No comments:

Post a Comment